Colonel Chris Sedlacek is commander of the 934th Operations Group, 934th Airlift Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. He is responsible for the operational tasking of the 934th Airlift Wing and ensures the combat readiness of an eight aircraft C-130 airlift squadron, an aeromedical evacuation squadron and an operational support squadron. Colonel Sedlacek was commissioned a second lieutenant from the US Air Force Academy in 1997 and attended Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training at Pensacola NAS, FL and Randolph AFB, TX. Following graduation, he spent his active duty career flying the C-130 while stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany, and Little Rock AFB, AR before transitioning to the Reserve in 2004. Since 2004, Colonel Sedlacek has served in a variety of squadron, group, and MAJCOM level roles within AFRC as both a Traditional Reservist and Air Reserve Technician. He was mobilized with the 913th AirliftWing in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom from 2005 to 2006, and supported additional deployments overseas in 2010, 2014, and 2017. During his 2014 deployment, he served as commander of an Expeditionary Airlift Squadron. As an additional duty, he serves as an Admissions Liaison Officer for Minnesota.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Sedlacek was the Director of Operations for the 96th Airlift Squadron at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, MN.
1997 Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. 2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Master of Business Administration,Webster University, St Louis, Mo.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Leadership Today and Tomorrow Course,Washington, D.C.
2012 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C. 2013 Theater Security and Decision Making Course, NavalWar College, RI
2013 Operational Support Strategy andWar Course, NavalWar College, R.I.
2014 Safety Board President Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
1. July 1997 – January 1998, Admin Assistant, Dean of Faculty, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. January 1998 – July 1998, Student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Training Squadron 10, Pensacola NAS, Fla.
3. July 1998 – March 1999, Student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, 562d Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. October 1999 – November 2002, C-130E Instructor Navigator, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. November 2002 – April 2004, FTU Evaluator Navigator and Chief of Scheduling, 62d Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. April 2004 – June 2007, C-130E Evaluator Navigator and Chief of Standardization/Evaluation, 913th Operations Group, Willow Grove ARS, Pa.
7. June 2007 – April 2011, C-130H Evaluator Navigator and Chief of Training, 440th Operations Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
8. April 2011 – September 2012, Chief of Tactical Airlift Operations, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. September 2012 – May 2016, Director of Operations, 96th Airlift Squadron, Minneapolis-St Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
10. May 2016 – Present, Commander, 934th Operations Group, Minneapolis-St Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
Rating: Command navigator
Flight hours: More than 3,000 military hours, including 370 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: T-34, T-43, T-1, C-130
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1997
First Lieutenant May 28, 1999
Captain May 28, 2001
Major May 02, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Oct 03, 2012
Colonel Feb 22, 2018
(Current as of Mar 2018)