Col. Anthony G. Polashek is the commander of the 934th Airlift Wing located at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. The Wing is comprised of three groups and 12 squadrons with more than 1,400 Airmen and operates eight C-130H aircraft. As the installation commander he also leads the day-to-day operations and maintenance of an ARS providing support to the nearly 5,000 assigned Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps Reservists.
Col. Polashek earned his degree from Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa before commissioning into the Air Force as a graduate of Officer Training School at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He then attended undergraduate pilot training at Columbus AFB, Miss. later qualifying in the C-130. He has been assigned to numerous operational, command and staff positions.
Col. Polashek has served and deployed in support of numerous contingency operations including Operations DESERT SHIELD/STORM as well as Operations IRAQI FREEDOM/ENDURING FREEDOM. He is a command pilot with more than 5,800 flight hours including more than 500 combat hours. Prior to his current position, Col. Polashek was the 916th Operations Group commander at Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
1985 Bachelor of Arts, Coe College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1994 Squadron Officer School
2001 Air Command and Staff College
2006 Air War College
2009 Master of Business Administration, Strategic Leadership, Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah
2011 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2013 Combined Air and Space Operations Senior Staff Course
2013 Reserve Component National Security Course
1. October 1987 - January 1988, Student, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. January 1988 - January 1989, Student, undergraduate pilot training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. January 1989 - November 1991, Pilot, 95th Airlift Squadron, General Mitchell International Airport ARS, Wis.
4. November 1991 - June 1996, Tactics Officer, 95th Airlift Squadron, GMIA ARS, Wis.
5. June 1996 - April 1997, Instructor Pilot, 95th Airlift Squadron, GMIA ARS, Wis.
6. April 1997 - May 2004, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, 440th Operations Group, GMIA ARS, Wis.
7. May 2004 - July 2007, Assistant Operations Officer, 95th Airlift Squadron, GMIA ARS, Wis.
8. July 2007 - October 2009, Chief, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. October 2009 - November 2011, Operations Officer, 78th Air Refueling Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
10. November 2011 - February 2014, Deputy Commander, 514th Operations Group, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
11. February 2014 - December 2015, Commander, 916th Operations Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
12. January 2016 - Present, Commander, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 5,800 (500+ Combat hours)
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, C-130A/E/H, KC-10A and KC-135R
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 27, 1988
First Lieutenant Jan. 27, 1990
Captain Aug. 5, 1993
Major June 6, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 17, 2006
Colonel Jan. 16, 2014
(Current as of January 2016)