Col. Timothy W. Wollmuth is the vice commander of the 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. The nearly 1500-member wing is equipped with eight C-130-H3 cargo aircraft which support theater forces for re-supply missions, routine airlift requirements of the theater commander and airlift employment operations within the combat zone or forward area. In addition, the aircraft also provides aeromedical and refugee evacuation and augments strategic airlift forces. The wing supports joint service and multi-national airlift missions both in the United States and around the world. The Air Reserve Station supports approximately 5,000 personnel, including the Air National Guard, Army National Guard and Naval Operations Support Center.
A native of Sioux Falls, S.D., Colonel Wollmuth received his commission in 1990 from the Academy of Military Science, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Knoxville, Tenn. He earned his wings at Williams Air Force Base, Ariz. in 1991. As a traditional reservist, he served as flying safety officer and senior evaluator while deploying numerous times in support of Southwest Asia and Balkan operations. In 2008, Colonel Wollmuth served as commander of the 934th Operations Support Squadron until 2011 when he was selected as the deputy commander of the 934th Operations Group where he also concurrently served a tour as commander of the 746th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron in Southwest Asia. Prior to his current position the colonel served as the Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer to Wis. and Minn., 1st Air Force, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
1989 Bachelor of Arts degree in physics, Augustana College, Sioux Falls, S.D.
1997 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2017 Master of Science in Aviation, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, N.D.
1. January 1990 – February 1990, officer candidate, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Knoxville, Tenn.
2. March 1990 – May 1991, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
3. February 1992 – January 1997, Aircraft Commander, Pilot Scheduler, Training Officer, 96th Airlift Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
4. January 1997 – September 1998, Flying Safety Officer, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
5. September 1998 – July 2007, Instructor Pilot, Evaluator Pilot, Assistant Chief Pilot, 96th Airlift Squadron,Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
6. July 2007 – January 2008, Senior Evaluator Pilot, 934th Operations Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP, ARS, Minn.
7. January 2008 – August 2011, Commander, 934 Operations Support Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP, ARS, Minn.
8. August 2011 – June 2014, Deputy Commander, 934th Operations Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn. (January 2012 – May 2012, Commander, 746th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Southwest Asia)
9. July 2014 – March 2015, Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer to Wisconsin, 1st Air Force, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
10. March 2015 –October 2015, Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer to Minnesota, 1st Air Force, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
11. October 2015 – Present, Vice Commander, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 4,600 including more than 300 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: T-41, T-37, T-38, AT-38B and C-130E/H2/H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant February 15, 1990
First Lieutenant June 8, 1992
Captain August 10, 1995
Major May 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel August 2006
Colonel April 4, 2014
(Current as of October 2017)