Colonel Kenneth N. Rose is commander of the 934th Maintenance Group, Air Force Reserve Command, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. As the maintenance group commander, he is responsible for supporting a fleet of C-130 aircraft and their worldwide joint service mission. The group consists of two squadrons and a group support staff that perform activities to include both on and off-equipment aircraft maintenance, management oversight, and logistical support. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Rose was Chief, Maintenance Division, Directorate of Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection (A4) within Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
Colonel Rose received his commission in 1989 as a traditional reservist through Officer Training School and completed navigator training in 1990. He became an Air Reserve Technician in 2001 and has held positions in operations, aircraft maintenance, and Electronic Warfare (EW) testing and evaluation. Colonel Rose deployed in support of Operations DESERT STORM, UPHOLD DEMOCRACY, NORTHERN WATCH, JOINT ENDEAVOR, ENDURING FREEDOM, and IRAQI FREEDOM. He is a senior navigator with 2,500 hours in C-130E, C-130H, AC-130A, MC-130P aircraft, and he is a senior aircraft maintenance officer with EW qualification.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
1999 Squadron Officer’s School, (distance learning), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Master of Education, University of West Florida, Pensacola, Fla.
2005 Air Command and Staff College (distance learning), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College (distance learning), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. May 1989 – September 1989, student, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. October 1989 – August 1990, student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather AFB, Calif.
3. September 1990 – December 1994, navigator, 711th Special Operations Squadron, Duke Field, Fla.
4. January 1995 – January 2001, instructor navigator, 5th Special Operations Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. January 2001 – May 2002, chief of current operations, 5th Special Operations Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. May 2002 – September 2005, assistant director of operations, 5th Special Operations Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. September 2005 – June 2008, commander, 919th Maintenance Operations Flight, Duke Field, Fla.
8. June 2008 – October 2011, director, COMBAT SHIELD program, 53rd Electronic Warfare Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. October 2011 – December 2014, commander, 307th Maintenance Group, Barksdale AFB, La.
10. December 2014 – June 2016, commander, 452nd Maintenance Group, March ARB, Calif.
11. July 2016 – September 2017, Division Chief, Maintenance Division, A4 Directorate, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. September 2017-present, Commander, 934th Maintenance Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP-ARS, Minn.
Rating: Senior Navigator
Flight Hours: 2,590
Aircraft Flown: C-130E, C-130H, AC-130A, MC-130P
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Flying Cross
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, Sept. 28, 1989
First Lieutenant, Nov. 1, 1991
Captain, Sept. 28, 1996
Major, March 25, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel, Aug. 11, 2009
Colonel, March 12, 2014
(Current as of October 2017)