|COLONEL TODD J. MCCUBBIN|
Col. Todd J. McCubbin is the Commander of the 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn. The wing is equipped with eight C-130-H3 cargo aircraft which support theater forces for re-supply missions, routine airlift requirements of the theater commander and airlift employment operations within the combat zone or forward area. In addition, the aircraft also provides aeromedical and refugee evacuation and augments strategic airlift forces. The wing supports joint service and multi-national airlift missions both in the United States and around the world.
Colonel McCubbin received his commission through the University of Wisconsin Air Force ROTC program. He earned his wings at Reese Air Force Base, Texas, in 1989. While on active duty, Colonel McCubbin served two tours as a T-38 evaluator pilot, two tours as a C-5 evaluator/Special Operations Low Level II pilot and as an exchange officer with the Canadian Air Force. Entering the Air Force Reserve in 2002, Colonel McCubbin was a C-5 evaluator pilot, chief pilot and commander of the 709th Airlift Squadron.
The colonel leads a wing of 1,450 personnel, a headquarters section, three groups, ten squadrons and four flights. In addition, he is responsible for the management of an Air Force Reserve wing, supporting an installation of approximately 5,000 personnel, including an Air National Guard airlift wing, a U.S. Army Reserve engineering brigade, and a Naval and Marine Corps Reserve Center.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel McCubbin was the Vice Commander of the 934th Airlift Wing and from August 2008 to September 2011 was Emergency Preparedness Liaison Officer to Delaware, National Capitol Region and FEMA National Response Coordination Center. He is a command pilot with more than 5,000 flying hours.
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Masters degree in business administration, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1987 Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wis.
1. March 1988 - March 1989, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1989 - February 1991, T-38 instructor pilot, Reese AFB, Texas
3. February 1991 - August 1993, operations officer, commander, T-38 Accelerated Copilot Enrichment Detachment, March AFB, Calif.
4. August 1993 - February 1997, C-5 instructor pilot, training officer, command post duty officer and chief of wing flight safety, 436th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB, Del.
5. February 1997 - August 1999, deputy chief, Canadian Forces Instrument Check Pilot School, Central Flying School, 1st Canadian Air Division, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
6. August 1999 - October 2002, chief of training, deputy chief operations group stan eval, C-5 special operations low level II evaluator pilot, 436th AW, Dover AFB, Del.
7. October 2002 - January 2004, instructor pilot, 709th AS, Dover AFB, Del.
8. January 2004 - August 2005, chief pilot, evaluator pilot, 709th AS, Dover AFB, Del.
9. August 2005 - August 2008, commander, 709th AS, Dover AFB, Del.
10. July 2008 - February 2011, emergency preparedness liaison officer for Delaware, 1st AF, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
11. March 2011 - August 2011, emergency preparedness liaison officer to FEMA National Response Coordination Center (NRCC), 1st AF, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
12. September 2011 - September 2013, vice commander, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP ARS, Minn.
13. October 2013-Present, Commander, 934th Airlift Wing, Minneapolis-St. Paul IAP, ARS, Minn.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 5,000 (300 combat and combat support hours)
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38A, C-12A, CT-114, C-5A/B/AMP, C-130H2/H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one silver oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with "M" device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant Oct. 12, 1987
First Lieutenant Oct. 12, 1989
Captain Oct. 12, 1991
Major May 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Sep. 30, 2004
Colonel Aug. 14, 2008
(Current as of October 2013)